Over the last three weeks Inform Theatre have been working on something exciting
More information to follow …………………………
Drumming can have positive effects on your health and may help with many conditions stress, fatigue, anxiety and mental illness to name a few.
Here’s why drumming is good for you:
- Makes you happy. Participate in a drum circle or take a cardio drumming class and you will see how happy it makes you. Drumming releases endorphins, enkephalins and Alpha waves in the brain, which are associated with general feelings of well-being and euphoria.
- Induces deep relaxation.
- Helps control chronic pain. Drumming can certainly serve as a distraction from pain. And, it promotes the production of endorphins and endogenous opiates, which are the body’s own morphine-like painkillers.
- Boosts your immune system. Studies show that drumming circles boost the immune system.
- Creates a sense of connectedness. Drumming circles and group drumming classes provide an opportunity for “synchronicity” in that you connect with your own spirit at a deeper level while also connecting with other like-minded people.
- Aligns your body and mind with the natural world. The Greek origin of the word “rhythm” is “to flow.” Drumming allows you to flow with the rhythms of life by simply feeling the beat.
- Provides a way to access a higher power. Shamans often use drumming as a means to integrate mind, body and spirit. They focus on the whole body and then integrate the healing at both the physical and spiritual level by drumming, which connects spiritual forces.
- Releases negative feelings. The act of drumming can serve as a form of self-expression. You can literally drum out your feelings. When held, negative emotions can form energy blockages. The physical stimulation of hitting the drums can help remove those blockages. Drumming has even been used therapeutically to help addicts deal with their emotions.
- Puts you in the present moment. While drumming you are moving your awareness toward the flow of life. When you are flowing with the rhythm of life you cannot be caught up in your past or worrying about your future.
- Allows for personal transformation. Drumming stimulates creative expression. When you drum in a group, you not only get to self-express, but you get feedback from the other drummers. It’s the equivalent of talk therapy! Drum circles provide a means of exploring your inner self, and expanding your consciousness while being part of a community.
If you would like to have a taster session with one of our African Drumming Groups please contact
Email Address – email@example.com
We look forward to helping you with any questions you may have about Tayberry Enterprise limited services.
Telephone Number – 01382 770933
Are you looking for a unique African drumming experience?
Whether you are looking for a one off workshop or regular classes, get in touch and let us create a programme tailored to your needs.
Contact us on 01382 770933
Tayberry Enterprise have lots of exciting project’s for 2017 more information to follow…..
Ticket Prize Name
0364 Hamper Margaret Kerr
0139 £25 Tesco Carol Cooper
0015 1ltr Brandy Maureen O’Rourk
0055 1ltr Bacardi Blair Payne
0417 070cl Whisky Sheila Scott
0007 Odeon Tickets Jenny McBreary
0303 Bottle Wine Steven Funai
0414 Bottle Wine Fiona Scott
0068 Bottle Wine Murray Richmond
0174 Hero’s (Choc’s) Mary White
0366 Dairy Box (choc’s) Margaret Kerr
0239 Biscuits Steven Fiusley
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!
Thank you drumdee for joining us today for some Christmas Cheer.
Gillian, Lorna and the team would like to wish all our volunteers a Healthy and Happy 2017